Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 September 2019

1970, THE CHARENTE, FRANCE




1970, THE CHARENTE, FRANCE:

There are MANY reports that do not conform to the false Grey standard of ufology. The problem comes with the age of a report.
If someone reports an incident 25-30 years after it was alleged to have taken place we only have their owrd on the matter but if it conforms to Greys reports then some doubt arises.

If the reportee told other members of his/her family and/or kept some kind of written account that can be dated -a diary entry in which ink age can be tested- it helps.

Please note that I have tidied up this statement (from Ufologie.com) to make it more readable and I apologise for the translation quality.

1970, THE CHARENTE, FRANCE:
Brief summary of the event and follow-up:

On May 27th, 2007, a gentlemen sent the following story to me by email:

"I was 20 (then), I am 57 (today). My testimony is thus 37 years old and during all these years I was haunted by what I saw that day.

I was heading home at about 1 a.m. (I live in the country in the Charente) there is a field opposite my house and in this field I saw a landed half sphere which could be clearly distinguished in the darkness.

"I did not pay any attention and I park my car a few meters further on. The orange dome is still in the field on the other side of the road. I opened the gate to get to my home and I then closed it behind me.  I was about to cross the yard that separates me from the house (I was in the dark and I found my way by habit) and it was then that i heard footsteps on the gravel in front of me -they (seem to) run away on all sides but I saw nothing. I was very frightened. I rushed into the barn to switch on the outside light .

"In the yard (I saw) nothing but behind the gate I had closed I could distinguish human shapes(of kids) that looked at me. I felt that something was wrong and my fear increased.

"I went to the house to get a rifle and then I went back to the fence then on to the road. The view between myself and the half sphere was clear  and I saw two little beings come toward me. They stopped at approximately three meters from me. They seemed to talk to me but my fear was such that I raised my rifle. They then turned back and went away slowly.

"I went to wake up my parents but on looking they found nothing. All (entities) had disappeared. The sphere too.

"A brief article in the local newspaper reported a ufo was sighted above Angouleme that night. (The witness believes that) it landed in front of me and that changed my vision of the world"
Witness email, non anonymous, anonymity preserved, to this website (Patrick Gross, Ufologie), on May 27, 2007.

There are problems. The witness assumes that what he saw was the "UFO" sighted over Angouleme -but based on standard reporting that might have been a meteorite or anything else!

No one else witnessed the entities or object. A debunker would simply say "hoax".  However, we are unaware of the psychological state of the witness at the time -was he tired, exhausted or under stress somehow? Almost 50  years after the event, even if spoken to today, make that impossible to know.

The use of a rifle is slightly worrying. That the entities moved away on it being pointed at them could mean that they had encountered weapons in human hands before. Or, if this were an "altered state" event then to his mind the rifle did what it was supposed to -scare off intruders.

The "invisible runners" could indicate an altered state as described by "Ruth Syndrome" (detailed in UFO Contact?). One might wonder why an hemispherical object in the field had not caused alarm rather than not much interest? It is possible that the witness just gave it a casual glance and thought it might be something moved into the field by someone since aliens did not appear to be something he was thinking about. OR it might be the point at which he began to enter an altered state -a waking dream, which are quite vivid and very real to those experiencing them.

But if this was all in his head why a UFO and aliens -today you might expect it as the subject is everywhere from Japan to China to India and so on via the internet, TV and so on. 1970 was not a huge year for press coverage of UFOs -the witness mentions a brief news item AFTER his sighting.

No wish for publicity.  A joke? We just cannot tell which is why we really need to investigate -as thoroughly as we can- any and all reports that we find.

We have probably already lost so much information.

No comments:

Post a Comment