Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 November 2014

Australian Yowie Photographed in 1936?

Don't get me wrong: I am not shouting out "hoax!" and I believe, from watching the video that the photographer, Reg Jones,  is sincere.  That said. I have sent emails off to various people/organisations in Australia but have received no responses

It is, therefore, only possible to analyse based on what we have.


Here is a still from the video on You Tube. You can quite clearly see the supposed humanoid form sitting in the background.


 









Cropped and showing "scale" between alleged Yowie and the men to the foreground.




 Now here is an enlargement of the frame showing just the "Yowie". Huge, bulky with a withered left arm. At least it is what you think you see.  Look around this "Yowie" and you'll see matrixing or Pareidolia and there is a good article about this on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia




 You do not really need to look that hard for other things to emerge -is the "Yowie's" left arm resting on a giant baboon head?  There are other things matrixing produces in this image.

I have to write that based on this image nothing more than matrixing is involved.  Think about it: the photographer took his photo but did not see -some 10ft/3m?- a huge humanoid creature sitting there? If the distance between the men and the "Yowie" is around 10ft then it must stand a good 8-10ft tall -sitting about 5 feet (1.5m)?

How on Earth could you not see that??

If you have read any of my books -particularly my last one:  Pursuing The Strange & Weird:A Naturalists Viewpointthen you will know that I would love for this to have been a genuine large hominid photograph -1936 and before all the modern age Yowie craze!

Sadly, no good image to look at and have checked by a photographic company I have to make do with what is available.

Every photograph or piece of video footage that gets posted or published needs looking into because if we do not -I have a sad life and I do check it all- then we may certainly miss the genuine article!

So, I do not agree with Paul McCleod, who posted the video item, that this is a genuine Yowie photograph but I do commend him for posting it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this photo. Great article. I wish it was true too

    ReplyDelete