Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Lies and Defamation -The Berwyn Mountains 'UFO' Case UP-DATED!!

I just received the  most faked email ever! Sent from an "untraceable mobile phone device", I'm told which means someone wants to really "big up" their lives.  I make no comment here:

SECRET SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
WASHINGTON,DC 20528,USA.
 
Berwyn Mountains, Wales/UFO Investigators

Good day,Terry.
 Thank you for the update on this matter.

This is the Department of Homeland Security we have vital mission:
 to secure the nation from the many threats we face as well as internet 
Fraud. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in 
jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response,
 from cyber security analyst to chemical facility inspector. Our duties 
are wide-ranging, but our goal is clear - keeping America safe.
 
We are happy to inform you that your continued assistance regarding the 
Berwyn Mts incident funds valued at US$700,000 have been 
approved by the Treasury Department of the United States for continued 
operational funding and Black Information assessment.

Kindly get back to us for further directives.
 
Terry,note: Do not reply to any e-mail that comes from the FBI Director JAMES COMEY
 III. This may be an attempt to destabilise your current operations.  The FBI 
Director does not e-mail people; He will rather send an agent to your door step in 
person.

PLEASE DIRECT YOUR REPLY TO (mike.tepmpler@gmail.com)
 
Thank you and have a good day.
Signed:M Templer
Foreign Special Investigations Unit
 
******************************************************************* 

On the 7th September, just two days ago, I posted this:

Correcting The Record...AGAIN!!


In 1974 there was an alleged UFO crash in the Berwyn Mountains of North Wales. It was nothing alien though a great deal has been made of it.  There is also confusion in some accounts with the 1979 incident that I was involved in and the helicopter I was in "had a bit of a prang" as the flier put it.

You can read about the 1974 event here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Mountain_UFO_incident

Now, yes, as I wrote in Some Things Strange And Sinister, I do have fragments from an alleged "crashed UFO".  Graham Birdsall of UFO Magazine at one point tried everything to get pieces from me including, at one point before a solicitor became involved, threatening to reveal to the UFO community that I "was a British intelligence agent whose job it was to infiltrate UFO groups".  If he had asked nicely at the outset he might have gotten a fragment!

My big mistake was passing along a piece to Margaret Fry and including what I told her was "a completely false account by a hoaxer" but...oh boy.  Despite giving her the results of tests she told me she had the material tested and it "was unlike any material on Earth!"   I go into full detail in the book and the photos of metallic and other fragment are shown in photographs.

I wrote and urged and even spoke to Mrs Fry telling her the facts and asking her not even to mention my name if she decided to publish any of the things she was telling me.  "The truth must out!" she told me.  When her account was published it was all there and my name was included as I was silly enough not to realise that "They" had made sure my informant was discredited!

Then a man, Scott Felton (?) contacted me and re-stated all of Mrs Fry's claims and I made it very -very- clear that her account was wholly wrong and that I had nothing to do with it and nothing more to do with Ufologists on the subject.  Now, my letter to Mr Felton (and email) give my address as Bristol.  So, imagine my surprise when I read this:

" In the mid-90s, Margaret Fry received in the post, a sample of metal (see Appendix Three) from a man in South Wales called Terry Hooper.  He claimed he'd received samples from an airman who stated he'd been involved in clearing up the debris from the Berwyn UFO crash. He decided to pass these on to persons involved in the UFO scene. There is no proof that other samples existed, only the word of Terry Hooper supported the assertion.

That however was just the start. As will become apparent, the supplying of the metal sample to Margaret Fry was an attempt to seed disinformation into the UFO community. Whether Terry Hooper targeted Mrs Fry as he was part of the plot or whether he was not part of the plot and approached Mrs Fry randomly isn't clear as this guy refuses to cooperate. He certainly wouldn't cooperate with me when I approached him. He did claim that he didn't believe the metal had come from a UFO crash, but that could be just him attempting to look innocent."

As this idiot would know if he carried out even the most basic of research -Sach's UFO Encyclopaedia or any number of publications including Flying Saucer Review, BUFORA JOURNAL that I contributed to since becoming an active investigator in 1974, or if he had bothered reading the brief CV I sent him- he would find I have far greater credibility than someone who places Bristol in "South Wales" (?!!).

Also, I had known Margaret Fry from BUFORA as well as Contact (UK) and we corresponded up until the early 1990s until I took a rest.  Had he asked Margaret Fry about me?  BUFORA for whomn I did a lot of work?

No, he decided to make me part of some secret conspiracy and totally ignore everything I explained to him -including a pdf of the chapter from my book dealing with the case- because I would not send him fragments nor be interrogated by him on a subject I made very clear was a hoax and the only reason I supplied Margaret Fry with any fragment was because she asked me to in the hope of finding out if it was the same as another sample she had.

This is British Ufology at its best.  Totally ignore every fact you are given because it does not suit your narrow minded world view so blame an unknown man from South Wales who refuses to cooperate -and Felton knows full well who I am because I just checked the email I sent him and my cv is attached.

John Hanson of The Haunted Skies project has photos of the fragments and my account -I think I may have sent him a fragment, too.

Felton's entry is so defamatory that I think a solicitor needs to get involved.  Seriously, you try to defame me in print or online you better apologise.
************************************************************************
So I thought I'd be fair and give these people a chance to correct their "errors" and sent an email:


 Subject: Scott Felton & Berwyn Mts Case
 To: "conwyufogroup@btinternet.com" <conwyufogroup@btinternet.com>
 Date: Monday, 7 September, 2015, 18:52
 
 
 
 
 I am contacting you regarding the
 extremely inaccurate and defamatory account by the above on
 your The Berwyn Mountains UFO
 Incident - 23rd January 1974 site.
 
 I am currently
 discussing the matter with my solicitor.  My response
 to this defamatory piece of trash is given here.
 
 http://terryhooper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/correcting-recordagain.htmlhttp://
 
 Unless a prominent apology is presented on the page I SHALL
 proceed with legal action.
 
 Terry Hooper
 Active UFO investigator (since 1974),
 researcher,lecturer,  author, TV and radio consultant
 and former member of BUFORA, Contact UK, British Flying
 Saucer Bureau, colleague of Lord (Brisley) Clancarty,
 contributor to BFSB New as well as editing publication and
 contributing to Flying Saucer Review. as well as noted
 naturalist.
             
Let  me point out that the additions after my name were not to show off but to make these people check their facts.  The link to this blog would have shown them how long it has been here and would allow them to check with other Ufologists and publications.  Also, my name is on technical wildlife papers -I am the most easily checked person in ANY field of interest and I'm all over the internet.

But do they respond to my email?  No. That I object to outright lies and falsification of facts -which is what the person involved has done, seemingly with his colleagues' support- is 'proof' that I have been "tipped off" which is why I "just appeared".  

This puts me in the position that I have to take steps to stop this. It means legal action against Margaret Fry, Scott L. Felton and the Conwy UFO Group as a whole.  Look for the truth by following facts -yes.  My exaggerated claims, lies and defamation of people who were chasing UFO sightings and studying reports decades before they got involved -no.

I give these parties one last chance to apologise and correct the record no later than Friday, 11th September, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment