Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 November 2015

I Guess I Kind Of Wasted My Life!


I just found a photograph.  It was in a file and shows me, exhausted, around 1979/1980.  I'm in a caravan in Kent where the family were staying.

I had just had two years of exhaustive investigations (a big peak in UFO sightings from 1977-1979) having covered Devon and Cornwall, South Wales, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset and other counties (Bristol was "Avon" back then) for the British UFO Research Association (BUFORA). I had handed all 250 plus sighting report forms and investigation reports to BUFORA for copying and had discovered that they had "misplaced" then "lost" all of them.

Oh, and UFO International had been fully infiltrated by APEN (Google "APEN") and the British Flying Saucer Bureau in Bristol had gone, as we say in Bristol, "tits up".

So, sat in a caravan I was told "smile" -this is it.

And why did I think the AOP Bureau had to be a full time project and I should withdraw from a lot of things going on in Ufology?

Guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment