Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 December 2017

What is this strange animal? Man captures unique creature

It is nice to know, reading this story from June,  that not everyone is a money-making scum-bag and I hope the raccoon lasted in the wild.
http://wreg.com/2017/06/28/what-is-this-strange-animal-man-captures-unique-creature-tearing-up-his-grass/

What is this strange animal? Man captures unique creature tearing up his grass

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man trapped an animal that was tearing up his grass, but it's nothing he's seen before.
"I don't know what it is. Some people say it's an albino raccoon, some said it's an albino fox. I don't know what it is. It's just an animal that I want to get rid of, and no one wants to come and get it," Calvin Lee said.

The captured animal compared to a photo of a baby albino raccoon. We think it's a match!
WREG investigated, and we believe it's a young albino raccoon.
Albino raccoons are not very common and struggle to survive in the wild because their light coats prevent them from camouflaging.
Now that that question's been answered, it still leaves the question of what to do with it.
"I called the police department, I called Apex. They said they'd come and set the traps, but they don't come an pick up trapped animals. So, I don't know what to do with it, so I called Channel 3 News. Maybe you guys will know what to do with it," Lee said with a laugh. "I don't want to put it down, I wouldn't turn it loose. I wanna call someone to come and get it. Maybe there's someone out there who wants it. I don't want it."
Apex Wildlife Control told WREG it did offer to take the animal and release it in its animal reserve in north Tennessee. However, Apex said Lee declined the offer because it would cost a small fee.
We asked the Memphis Zoo and the City of Memphis what Lee should do with the animal, but we didn't hear back Wednesday. By Thursday, Calvin's wife, Barbara, released it on a country road.

No comments:

Post a Comment