Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 July 2018

New Projects Including The Report On UFOs

I see blogger lost the text with that last post. Nothing surprising there!

There are a number of cases that have become a part of the 'UFO phenomenon' that I was involved in at the fairly early stages but which have become 'UFO' incidents of, the Ufologists tell us, "national importance".  I dealt with the Llandrillo 'crash' in Some Things Strange & Sinister -this contained all the information that Margaret Fry and her followers decided to ignore because it simply did not fit into their world views.  Photographs of the shards of metal are also included in that book.

There were cases of "mysterious animal mutilations" that I, and the police, knew were far from mysterious. I will look at any evidence but if there is a solution (provable) then I will note it. I can only treat the evidence presented fairly and with an open mind and reach conclusions based on the evidence given.  What others decide after that is up to them.

In some cases the investigators have -and this is proven by correspondence they forwarded themselves- put on a 'cover-up' by the UK government twist.  They have also shown that they, as investigators, are far from deserving that title.  Report the facts and reach conclusions based on the facts -do not exaggerate, make-up details and fantasise.

Approximately 80% of what you read in books on UFOs, cryptozoology and so on is fake or exaggerated.

Always bear that in mind and, unless you just want to sit there and accept it, check the facts given.

The other project I am working on is to finally publish the huge Report On Unidentified Flying Objects (Grey Book) and I don't really expect people to go out and buy that in droves either:I am completing it for posterity.  I need to explain a few things in advance.

The Report was put together in 1979 and published and distributed amongst a very restricted group in 1980/1981.  Although I was aware of the Flying Saucer working Party and data from it (in fact I even wrote about the FSWP in 1982-1986) there would be no way that I could give full details at the time, nor of other official work though looking at Ministry of Defence UFO Report statistics was no problem and any information from advanced interceptor aircraft and equipment used would not be included.  Most of those involved knew of these cases and information so putting it into print would be a waste of time.

By 1983, when Grey Book was officially dissolved but continued as an ongoing project, I was the last member of the team.  Graham F. N. Knewstub had retired.  Frankly A. Davin-Wilson, Dave Cowdy (one of the founders in the 1950s of Manchester Flying Saucer Research) and two other members had died from heart attacks (there's one for the conspiracy theorists!) and all of the work fell to me and I had developed various unusual health problems that two doctors suggested might be the results of my going into "contaminated areas" after reported UFO landings.

The unofficial 'watchdog' over what I was doing was, and I have no problem naming him here for various reasons, Squadron Leader Colin Tarr. He knew The Report and on one occasion I tested him by asking what was on line 2 of page 33 or how did paragraph 3 of page 232 start -he even described photos and maps in The Report that was only supposed to have a very restricted distribution.  I later discussed Tarr with Lord Peter Hill Norton who drew a blank -as did Nick Pope. Interestingly, Tarr knew of AOP Bureau reports submitted to the MoD that Pope had never heard of.  Who was Colin Tarr?  I have my thoughts on that.

The deaths and Tarr mystery are not noted or added to The Report. The remit was pure and simple: look at all aspects of UFO reports -historical, contemporary as well as physiological, psychological and trace evidence. Animal disturbance cases/animal deaths.  Was there a pattern(s)?  Was there any way of concluding what UFOs were or where they came from -hostile, friendly or indifferent to humans?

The results were presented to members of the House of Lords UFO Group (privately) and discussed. Although the conclusions conflicted with certain members beliefs on the subject they were accepted and one member concluded that "This is the closest the Great Britain will come to Project Blue Book". I was told that, so long as names and other data of a sensitive nature was removed there was no reason why I should not offer copies to civilian "saucer groups".  

I approached Contact UK and was dismissed as "Being too nuts and bolts and not looking at the spiritual side of the subject" -which was a shock to someone who had known the group when it was a research and investigation body!  Another, very well known British Ufologist offered a copy of the report dismissed it as "Sounding all very James Bondish and silly"....I scratched my head on that one but moved on to BUFORA (British UFO Research Association) and was told that as I was not a BUFORA member and not publishing the report under BUFORA auspices it could not be accepted. In another response I got a furious rejection because I had not referred to the responder's own book!

I reported back to the Grey Book backers and presented the written responses I had received. Heads nodded and there were shrugs. There was a conversation about all of this and what it meant but by 1985 it was concluded that serious UFO research and investigation in the UK had been dropped for New Age beliefs and sensationalism.

The work I carried out and conclusions I drew were and are still provable. In fact, I predicted several peaks in UFO activity in 1981 that were accurate.  Again, I contacted UFO groups over this but was dismissed -those letters are still on file.

So what you would find in The Report if you got a copy are case reports/summaries and looking at contemporary data -some known to the public and some not known.  After all, the point was not to look at new books then being published announcing various "new theories" on UFOs: the point was to look at as many reports -historical right up to contemporary- as we could and there were thousands to sift through and categorise (which was my job).  No personal theories or opinions on ETH or anything else -just look at the facts and evidence.

And you will also find the theory on UNP, and this is probably why certain ufologists hated the very idea, because the problem would need further scientific and technical research which meant UFOs were taken out of their hands and Science would become involved. 

Do not expect sensationalism, claims of cover-ups by the Air Ministry/MoD because where ever possible the MoD cooperated. If you want to read about the best possible explanation for a large proportion of UFO reports then that is what you will get.

Facts, however, are not very "sexy" or sellable.

In case you missed this old post....

Grey Book And How It Got Its Name

I don't think I have shown these photos here before? Taken a few years ago now. I was once asked by, I think, John Hanson of the excellent UFO encyclopediaHaunted Skies, how the AOP Bureau's work got the title "Project Grey Book"?

Well, pretty mundane response really.  Anyone associated with the AOP B as an investigator was given a large grey note book so that case notes, ideas etc., could be recorded and referred to in later reports or if there was a query.  By 1980 there was only myself and Franklyn Davin~Wilson.  Following his death in 1983, I had to become the official sole investigator, though I had been acting as such since 1978.

Here is my Grey Book.



 A great many research theories, conversations with Ufologists and notes on investigations went into this.  The smaller pocket books were "confiscated" in 2006 but my main book I still have.


 above: work notes on Transient Lunar Phenomena and UFO waves.
below: notes on alleged abductions.



 Below: Theoretical work and planning for trace evidence


 Below: Black Triangle craft.  Occupied a year of investigation.



 Below: work on alleged symbols seen by abductees.  It was during this work that the British UFO Study Centre and its founder, Eric Morris came under scrutiny.  I had known Morris since 1976 and it came as a shock when, in the middle of the symbols study, he admitted the symbols he provided were faked by him ~as were abduction accounts he had submitted.





 Below: More theoretical work on the sudden appearance and disappearance of UFOs ~once called Mat and demat (Materialization and De~materialization).  I also looked at what I termed VanPoint or "Vanishing Point" noted in some UFO landing cases.



I still add to the old Grey Book.  Other than being nick~named "Quatermass" by some people I prefer the "Grey Bookers" and that made someone comment, jokingly (based on the USAF Project Blue Book), that we were "Project Grey Book"  and the name stuck early on.
There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment