Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Notice of fraudulent activity


It is ridiculous that I have to do this but I have now been contacted by journalists and two 'Big Cat hunters' (with a total of 5 years 'experience').

I began acting as an exotic fauna consultant to UK police forces in 1976/1977 ans semi retired in 2015 but still get consulted by police and other organisations every so often.My Exotic Animals Register (EAR) files are confidential and there is no intention of releasing these.

Let me make the following also clear:

1) I have not and will never forward case reports with information identifying witnesses

2) I have not "passed on" my work of investigating and studying exotic fauna whether felids or canids in the UK to anyone or any organisation whether "cryptozoological" or not. My standpoint on "cryptozoology" is well known as are my opinions on some of those involved in this sham.

3) Absolutely no one has the right to identify themselves as "members of the Exotic Animals Register" or of acting on its behalf.  If anyone does then they will face legal action for bringing my name and that of the EAR into disrepute. I also urge that anyone identifying themselves as such should be reported to the local police.

4) I work with no one other than police wildlife crimes or other officers. 

5) The EAR/myself does not mount "expeditions" to trap large felids. Trapping any wild animal has serious consequences and there are very strict laws governing this activity. 

My field of speciality are canids and felids as well as the 40 year long study of wild living wolverine in the UK.  When my study is completed then the appropriate bodies will receive copies of my final report.

From what I have seen and heard the people involved in this or these "Big Cat Studies" -it is so ridiculous that I cannot even ascertain whether there are two or three groups out there or just one incompetent one.

'Facts' quoted appear to be taken from old EAR information sheets that I stopped producing around 2005 as well as some statements that show whoever is involved has no idea what type of cat(s) are in the UK or much about them. The 'origins' of these "big cats" is so ludicrously incorrect as I, working with a university, established and even identified sources that had nothing to do with the 1976 Dangerous Wild Animals Act.

I am easily contactable but please note the above. I am the only person working as the EAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment