Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 November 2019

UPDATED -I REALLY Need To Go Into THIS Again?

I received a phone call from an American journalist yesterday. He referred to  the Berwyn Mountain "UFO crash" -it never happened- and claims from a certain person (and his friends) that I am/was a "UK Intelligence patsy" who suddenly popped up in Ufology a few years back to feed bad data into the case.  That person is unhinged.

Apparently, my never having heard of him and his Berwyn Mt "quest", my writing about the incident was part of an "intelligence operation".

Apparently, again, I am from South Wales -I was born and raised in Bristol (NOT South Wales) and Germany. I "just popped up" despite initially sending him a full CV that went back to 1975 including my work with BUFORA, Contact UK and many others on the subject from the UK and beyond. All very easily checkable online.

This is nothing new since 1977 I have heard that I am an RAF Intelligence Captain, Commander in the Royal Navy and even a Lieutenant in British Army Intelligence. Oh...I also got flown to the Falklands/Malvinas during high UFO activity -that lie was spread by the late Eric Morris and his pals in the secret (yeah) Aerial Phenomenon Enquiry Network (APEN) on which my solicitor has a full file "in case"

I have worked with local police, never had any obstruction from UK military officials and have had extensive contact with the late Lord (Brinsley) Clancarty, Sir Victor Goddard and Admiral of the Fleet Lord Peter Hill-Norton and numerous others. That is it. NEVER been in the military.

The reporter in question told me that "These people are certainly convinced about your activities" to which I responded that I had never even met these people and my past is completely open. That ended the conversation but what he makes of it all is unclear.

If you have a query then ask me and DO NOT listen to fantasists.
____________________________________________________________________

I was asked about the Berwyn Mts and Llandrillo 'crashes' and I ought to make it very clear that I do not make public statements on old cases -particularly ones where Ufologists and Debunkers posing as Ufologists have twisted facts, added 'details' and made the whole subject toxic.

I will state that, as detailed in Some Things Strange and Sinister (which includes photographs of two samples) I was sent two pieces of a "crashed UFO" -from Berwyn and the first was easily dismissed without need for technical analysis. The second piece (a sample is in the hands of John Hanson of the Haunted Skies Project) looked more like an alloy -there was a thorough investigation and conclusion reached.

Welsh Ufologist Margaret Fry then contacted me and out of a sort of professional courtesy I sent her a sample fragment as she wanted to check it with a piece she had and get it analysed. This is where the proverbial crap hit the fan.Apparently my meticulous investigation of the fragment and also the person who forwarded it was completely wrong. I was a sap and had fallen for Their trick in black ops over crashed flying saucers.

I re-iterated everything I had found including the source but no. Not acceptable as fact.

The next I heard, after it had been published in UFO rags -the editors of which knew how to contact me and check facts (I apologise as I wrote "check facts" but realised that I was talking about Ufologists too late), was that Fry had the pieces analysed and this revealed them to be made of material not found on Earth. That is a pure and utter fantasy.

Fry also knew that I was based in Bristol as I had corresponded with her when I was a BUFORA Regional Investigations Coordinator and when working with Contact UK from the 1970's on. However, despite this history of correspondence (the AOP files contain some of that correspondence) and the fact that she knew of my work on UFOs going back to the 1970's, she appeared to either be unwilling to correct her colleagues' total inaccuracies about my location and personal history or was mentally unable to recall any of it.

Simple as that. I was now a secret government patsy despite having the most open history in 'ufology'.

The US TV series UFO Hunters featured the Rendlesham Forest Incident in one episode.  Well, one of the many versions of the "RFI".  They reported how two smartly dressed civilians turned up and interrogated US Air Force personnel on the events and may have also used drugs on certain personnel. I was told to watch that episode by someone who knew the story of my involvement. As I watched I said out loud "that was us!"  I ought to make it clear that at the time I had a driver (I do not drive) who took me to investigations and also helped out when needed. The description matches us to the proverbial "T".

Again, John Hanson of the Haunted Skies Project has the full story.

This was all officially unofficial but I had definite set rules set and that included that I could not talk to or interrogate ("interrogate" seems a strong term really) any member of any branch of a foreign military service without a private invitation.  I most certainly did not enter any US Air Force base for quite obvious reasons.

The UFO Hunters episode outline of that particular scenario is pure fiction.

But Ufologists took my 'authority' at the time to mean something sinister.

Two other incidents, at which supposedly level headed ufologists (yes, I know) were present took place in the late 1970s and early 1980's.

In the 1970's incident I was on a train heading to Wiltshire to look into a series of reports.  At that time RAF Brize Norton was in Wiltshire -after the boundary changes it is now in Oxfordshire. Two Wiltshire ufologists had offered to help out and so we were seated while I went over some documents including letters from the Ministry of Defence. There were also five RAF servicemen in the carriage: I did not pay much attention to the whispering going on and tried to ignore the glances I kept getting. As we reached our destination I stood up and walked toward the door and all five RAF men stood and saluted!  I just got out of the train quickly. As we left the station an RAF driver approached me and apologised when he realised I was not who he was waiting for.

The two ufologists seemed to be far quieter than normal and were not much help to me. I discovered a week later they had spread the word that RAF men had recognised me, saluted and I had returned the salute (in fact I had scratched my temple in embarrassment!) and then my waving off an RAF driver.....oh I was in deep here.  No matter how much I tried to explain it never set things right.

In the 1980's another ufologist tagged along on another investigation trip.  This time it was to visit a now closed airbase in Gloucestershire. I walked up to the officer of the watch and took out my letter of invitation and my AOP ID card -I noticed he caught sight of the official papers in my folder and at that point he saluted and called me "Sir" and I explained he did not need to salute me to which he replied "Understood, sir".

"Sir"/"madam"/"miss" are terms that are used normally so there was no significance in that. There was to the ufologist!  Also...the salute!  Misunderstanding.

I learnt very valuable lessons -the first was to always hide any papers I had in folders -and that habit got other ufologists VERY suspicious.

All of this used to happen daily, probably still does, but to ufologists in my case it made me a "secrets man" -I was actually called that at a UFO conference in Calne.  Deny it all and the more solid the case against me was.  The fact that I got on well with police forces.....oh boy.

And the photo above was taken of me at RAF Manston in the late 1970's when I received some very welcome assistance from personnel there including confirmation of a UFO radar-visual case at the time. This is a pre-digital photo and that top is not "military" but a blue jumper and I am not wearing "RAF issue grey trousers" but jeans.  And that mark on the arm of the jumper is not an "RAF symbol" -it's a blemish in the film!

Normal, polite interaction as it should be between members of the public and military services whether you are involved in UFO investigation or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment