Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 June 2020

If you walk the path of counter-actuality you do so alone!

I was asked what my family and friends thought of my work and books.

Firstly, I do not have "friends" but acquaintances. People I have known for over 30 years have never read one of my books (even offered for free) and if I mention any "unusual" topic I get "the smirk" that politely means "nutter".  Again, they have neverread one of my books or even the AOP Journal.

I'm 63 and I no longer have a big family but I can tell you no one in my family has ever read one of my books either (that at least guarantees all my papers and files will be destroyedwhen I die!). I think that my mother would have found the books interesting as she had various experiences during her life -some I or other members of the family were present at. A few months before I was born my mother and father watched a "UFO" over forestry from Droster's Farm in Dalborn, Germany. My English grandmother had "experiences" but kept quiet about them.

That is it.

You have to also remember that my UFO work was mainly of a very confidential nature so I could never explain what was going pon. Police officers and men in military uniforms or otherwise official looking would visit me when I lived with my grandparents. My gran once said in front of the family at a gathering "It's like the bloody secret service with you. We've no idea what's going on".  By the time I could have explained my mother and gran had passed away. "Secrets Man" was a term they used.

I've had glowing reviews from CUFOS over UFO Contact? but asa rule ufologists, cryptozoologists and "paranormalists" tend to shun me because if there is a natural explanation or any, uh, "neglecting facts" in cases I will note them and make them known. Back in the 1990s I could not understand why a Bristol based "ghost hunting" group appeared friendly but never told me of investigations until later and they positively panicked at the idea of me attending a meeting of theirs. I was later told by the lady in charge that I had "a reputation for digging into cases and being no nonsense and sceptical" -apparently two local groups avoided all contact with me or getting me involved because of that. So best to pretend something "unexplainable" happened then?

These people and others in various fields tend to not want to read anything I write...I suppose "in case"! :-)

Probably why people are frightened to pass on reports to me.

So no "friends" or family have read my books or are even willing to talk about the subject matter.

I even knew/know of persons who have witnessed phenomenon and KNOW that I never ridicule but I only found out by coincidence what they had seen.  Neither has ever written down anyy details but simply told me what happened and that was it.

If you walk the path of counter-actuality you do so alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment