Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 November 2020

Foxes and the 2000 Attempted Survey

 


In 2000 I sent out a letter to fox watch groups as well as the various British Naturalist Asociation (BNA) to try to get cooperation on the Fox and Hybrid Study Project.

I followed up with a second letter.
Emails.
With the BNA member groups I got in contact by phone -apparently they did not do that type of field work...in fact, as I noted to the Secretary of the BNA, they were only interested in talking about butterflie and pretty birdies.

On 27th July, 2001 I noted on the folder: "No response from any fox study groups" and that was it.

A pity since I had been getting reports of various foxes, including Acrtic foxes (Vulpes lagopus) from people around the country -I often ended talking on the phone with people about foxes more than 'big cats' on some days!

The following is the initial letter and questionaire I sent out in 2000 and it is not that stressful to complete but I suspect a few of the groups were more social gatherings than anything else.

Would have been nice to see what data we could have come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment