Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 July 2020

Why Don't I Illustrate Strange Phenomena?

Someone said "It's odd you've never done any CE3K related illoes". CE3K -Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I accept that category but not CE4, 5 or whatever they are up to now.
 Below: the cover to the book Strange and Mysterious Beasts. I drew that.



 Below: one of the illoes from Some Things Strange & Sinister as well as this blog.

Well, if you look on the internet you will find quite a few of my illustrations -the Spanish "octopods" having been both badly coloured as well as badly traced. The latter I assume so they can call it their own work.  If it appears on the internet people will steal and use it without credit.

I was shocked that at least two had. I was not shocked when, after being told the case was a hoax by Spanish ufologists, that not one cast any doubt online as to case validity. The illoes are still out there.

Some illustrations have appeared on the AE/CE3K blog as well as here (where they were stolen from). Most were used to illustrate what a witness was describing or for various chapters such as the 17th Century abduction.

The Girt Dog of Ennerdale book was designed to be easily read and incluides a number of illustrations because, not surprisingly, the early 1800s is fairly unknown to most people today so illoes help.

I've also produced illustrations for the AOP Journal, particularly the covers.

So I HAVE produced the illustrations but unless you read the blog, books or publications you just have not seen them so to ask why I "do not" is pretty pointless.


With the above A4 illustration I once rejected two offers from people wanting to buy it -one for £50 andthe other for £80 but I refused.  Buying the artwork  does not, as the two buyers thought, give you copyright to reproduce as and when you wish. It buys you ONLY ("only"!) the artwork.

So the work is out there -you just have to buy the publications!



All Rights Reserved (c)2020 Terry Hooper-Scharf

No comments:

Post a Comment